ARTICLE PROCESSING FEES
While the traditional publication model relies on restricting access to published research in order to recoup the costs of the publication process by selling subscriptions, the open access publishing model treats publication as the last phase of the research process. Instead of charging users a fee to read the content, an article-processing fee is required. This flat charge helps cover the costs of the publication process. This includes peer-reviewing, editing, publishing, archiving and maintaining articles, and allows immediate access to the full text versions of the research articles. Open access greatly increases the number of citations, which is a valued measure of the prestige of a published work.
FEES APPLIED BY GMR
To provide Open Access, GMR uses a business model to offset expenses, including those of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving, by charging article-processing fees to the authors, institutions, or research funders for each article published.
The article-processing fees applied by GMR consist of: a Submission Fee and a Publication Fee. Fees are per article and may be paid separately or at once. There are no additional charges based on color, article length, figures, or other elements.
- US$ 250.00 for authors from countries other than Brazil by PayPal.
- US$ 150.00 for authors from countries in Latin America other than Brazil by PayPal.
- R$ 500,00 for Brazilian authors by Banco do Brasil (Depósitos/Transferências).
GMR charges a fee at submission to help finance the editorial process, language revisions and peer review.
- US$ 750.00 for authors from countries other than Brazil by PayPal.
- US$ 350.00 for authors from countries in Latin America other than Brazil by PayPal.
- R$ 1.000,00 for Brazilian authors by Banco do Brasil (Depósitos/Transferências).
GMR charges a publication fee for all articles accepted by the Editorial Board. This fee helps to finance journal production, and online hosting and archiving.
GMR understands that the payment process can be difficult and demands author's time to be done. There is the option to immediately make the full fee payment instead of paying separately.
Total (Submission + Publication Fee)
- US$ 1000.00 for authors from countries other than Brazil by PayPal.
- US$ 500.00 for authors from countries in Latin America other than Brazil by PayPal.
- R$ 1.500,00 for Brazilian authors by Banco do Brasil (Depósitos/Transferências).
1. WHEN IS PAYMENT DUE?
2. CAN PROOF OF PAYMENT BE SUBMITTED AT ARTICLE SUBMISSION?
Yes. The corresponding author can use the following payment methods at checkout: PayPal (Credit Card) or Bank Deposit/Transfer (Only for Brazilians - Use the exchange rate of the day).
3. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING PAYMENTS AND INFORMING ABOUT THEM?
The corresponding author so-named in the submitted manuscript is responsible for arranging fee payment.
4. PAYMENTS MAY BE MADE BY:
- BANCO DO BRASIL (Only for Brazilians)
Beneficiário: Fundação de Pesquisas Científicas de Ribeirão Preto
Conta Corrente: 160.314-0
Assim que o depósito for realizado favor encaminhar comprovante de pagamento via e-mail para [email protected], juntamente com a identificação do artigo: Título, Data da Submissão e Autor Correspondente (Número GMR caso já possua).
Quando recebermos o comprovante, o recibo será emitido.
- PayPal - for authors from countries other than Brazil
Send the amount to GMR's PayPal account to [email protected]